Christians for Fair Witness on the Middle East advocates among mainline Protestants and Roman Catholics in North America for fairness in the churches’ witness on issues related to the conflict between Israel and its Arab neighbors.
on the Middle East
c/o Sr. Ruth Lautt
475 Riverside Drive
New York, New York
(212) 870-2001 (fax)
- Abdallah, King. My Memoirs Completed. London: Longman Group, Ltd., 1978.
- Ajami, Fouad. The Arab Predicament. England: Cambridge University Press, 1992 (Lebanese Professor of Middle Eastern Studies at Johns Hopkins University)
- Allon,Yigal. My Father's House. NY: W.W Norton and Company, Inc., 1976. (Former Israeli Minister of Foreign Affairs)
- Amos, Deborah. Lines in the Sand: Desert Storm and the Remaking of the Arab World. NY: Simon & Schuster, 1992. (NPR Reporter)
- Antonius, George. Arab Awakening. International Book Center, 1946. (Lebanese/Egyptian/Christian scholar of Arab Nationalism)
- Arieh Avneri. The Claim of Dispossession. (NJ: Transaction Books, 1984)(Israeli Historian)
- Bard, Mitchell G. The Complete Idiot's Guide to the Middle East Conflict. 3rd Edition. NY: Alpha Books, 2005.
- Boutros-Ghali, Boutros. Egypt's Road to Jerusalem: A Diplomat's Story of the Struggle for Peace in the Middle East. NY: Random House, 1997. (former secretary general of the United Nations; former minister of state for foreign affairs to Anwar Sadat during Sadat's daring rapprochement with Israel)
- Burrell, David and Yehezkel, Landau. Voices from Jerusalem: Jews and Christians Reflect on the Holy Land. NJ: Paulist Press, 1991.
- Clinton, Bill. My Life (Vintage Books. 2005)
- Collins, Larry and Dominique Lapierre. O Jerusalem! NY: Simon and Schuster, 1972 (Amazon.com paperback, Distribooks, 1994). (Larry Collins is author of Fall From Grace and co-author, with Dominique Lapierre, of the bestselling Is Paris Burning? and Or I'll Dress You in the Morning. For more than ten years he was a foreign correspondent for UPI and then for Newsweek. He lives in France. Dominique Lapierre is the author of the bestselling City of Joy. He was for many years a senior reporter and editor for Paris Match. He lives in France.)
- deHaas, Jacob. History of Palestine (Macmillan Co. New York 1954)
- Drummond, Dorothy. Holy Land, Whose Land? (Fairhurst Press, Terre Haute, Indiana. 2d Revised Ed. 2004)
- Fisher, Eugene and Klenicki, Leon. The Vatican-Israeli Accords: Their Implications for Catholic Faith and Teaching. In A Challenge Long Delayed. (ADL NY 1966)
- Gilbert, Martin. Israel: A History. NY: William Morrow & Co., 1998. (Sir Martin Gilbert( is a British historian and biographer and author of over seventy books on a range of historical subjects. He is primarily known as the official biographer of Sir Winston Churchill, British Prime Minister during World War II)
- Glubb, John Bagot. A Soldier with the Arabs. London: Staughton and Hodder, 1957.(The British commander of Jordan’s Arab Legion)
- Laqueur, Walter and Barry Rubin. The Israel-Arab Reader: A Documentary History of the Middle East Conflict NY: Penguin, 2001.
- Kenny, Anthony John, Patrick. Catholics, Jews and the State of Israel (Paulist Press, New York 1993)
- Kozodoy, Neal, ed., The Mideast Peace Process: An Autopsy (Encounter Books 2002).
- Lie, Trygve, In the Cause of Peace. NY, 1954. (Trygve Halvdan Lie was born on 16 July 1896, in Oslo, Norway, and was the first United Nations Secretary General)
- Lewis, Bernard. The Middle East and the West. England, 1968 (Weidenfeld & Nicolson). (is the Cleveland E. Dodge Professor of Near Eastern Studies Emeritus at Princeton University. He specializes in the history of Islam and the interaction between Islam and the West. He is one of the most widely read and respected western scholars of the Middle East and Islam).
- Lewis, Bernard. The Middle East: A Brief History of the Last 2,000 Years, (New York, 1995).
- Lewis, Bernard. The Shaping of the Modern Middle East, (Oxford University Press, 1994).
- Lewis, Bernard. The Palestinians and the PLO, a Historical Approach, Commentary January 1975.
- Lewis, Bernard. The Arabs in History (Oxford University Press 1958).
- Morris, Benny. 1948, The First Arab-Israeli War (Yale University press 2008).
- O'Brien, Conor Cruise. The Siege (Simon and Schuster, NY. 1986)
- Parkes, James. End of an Exile. Micah Publications, 3d Ed. 2005. (Parkes was an Anglican Minister who wrote extensively in this area).
- Parkes, James. “Whose Land?” (Penguin Books, Middlesex England 1970).
- Peters, Joan. From Time Immemorial: The Origins of the Arab-Jewish Conflict Over Palestine. (Harper & Row 1984) (American Journalist/former CNN Reporter/Methodist laywoman)
- Rev. Dr. Peter A. Pettit. The Arab Israeli Palestinian Conflict: Peter A. Pettit in Conversation with John Stendahl (Fortress Press, Minneapolis 2008) Convenental Conversations in Dialogue with Jews and Judaism, editted by Darrell Jodock. pp. 147-176.
- Rees, Matt Beynon. The Coolaborator of Bethlehem (Soho Crime 2007)
- Ambassador Dennis Ross. A Missing Peace: The Inside Story of the Fight for Middle-East Peace (Farrar, Straus and Giroux - June 2005)
- Voss, Carl. The Palestine Problem Today, Israel and Its Neighbors. MA: Beacon Press, 1953. (Former General Secretary of the American Christian Palestine Committee)
- Wilken, Robert L. The Land Called Holy: Palestine in Christian History & Thought. Yale University Press 1992. (Robert L. Wilken is William R. Kenan, Jr. Professor of the History of Christianity at the University of Virginia and former president of the American Academy of Religion).